Make yogurt at home with this new electric yogurt maker by Cuisipro. Top with berries, syrup, granola, nuts or seeds. Use in smoothies, sauces, dips and more. Use as a substitute for sour cream or mayonnaise in dips.
- 3 cups Milk of your choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2.5 g Yogurt culture
- Heat 3 cups of milk of your choice to a temperature of 185-190°F (85–88°C). Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and let milk cool down to a temperature of 110-115°F (43-46°C).
- Mix 2.5 g yogurt culture to cooled milk.
- Pour mixture into heat-resistant containers, secure lids firmly and place into fully expanded Yogurt Maker. Place lid firmly on Yogurt Maker.
- Press Start button. Unit will automatically shut off after 10 hours. When complete, remove jars from unit and refrigerate for 6 hours before serving.
Serves: 4 x 5 ½ ounce portions
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 hours
Chill time: 6 hours
Gourmet Village Dips
Gourmet Village Dips are in stock and so easy to make at a moments notice. Cards, jars and gift sets available. Keep a few on hand for quick and easy entertaining.
Flavoring Your Yogurt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) frozen juice concentrate (i.e. apple, orange, pineapple)
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) jam, preserves or jelly
- 1 tsp (5 ml) gelatin or pudding/pie filling powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) applesauce plus raisins and a dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cocoa powder or chocolate or carob syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
Top yogurt with any of the following:
- Add fresh fruit for an extra treat
- Add nuts or sesame seeds for crunch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) whole grain cereal
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sweetened coconut