Yields 3 cups, customer recommended!
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 3/4 cup russet potato
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ tsp pepper & salt
- Place the cashews and potato in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot.
- Transfer the cashews and potato to the bowl of a food processor fitted with an s-blade. Add the garlic, broth, nutritional yeast, mustard, lemon juice, tapioca starch and pepper.
- Turn the machine on and gradually add the milk through the feed tube.
- Pour the wine into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and allow the wine to simmer until reduced by about half.
- Stir in the cashew mixture and bring everything back up to a simmer.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 4 minutes, until it thickens up just a bit and becomes a bit more elastic thanks to the tapioca starch.
- Transfer the mixture to a fondue pot.