Try Lynne’s Fruit Compote Recipe to accompany ice cream, yogurt or rice pudding. Make it your own and experiment with the fruit options.
- 7 oz water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 10 dried apricots
- 6 dried dates
- ½ cup dried pineapple
- 6 prunes, pitted
- 4 fresh figs or 8 dried figs
- 1 pear, quartered – leave skin on
- 1 peach – if not in season use 1 small can of peaches, drained
- 4 red plums
- 7 oz cashews
- Boil water and sugar in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved. Cool and add two tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Place all remaining ingredients in the tagine and pour the syrup over. Cook on stove top at low heat for approximately 15 minutes or until fruits have softened.
- Serve over vanilla ice cream, yogurt or rice pudding.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes