This is a tasty meal to double up and freeze.
- 2 tbsp oil of your choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, ground or 1 tbsp fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- 3 cups sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (more if you are like it spicier)
- 1 cup broth of your choice or water
- 1 tsp each salt & pepper
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 13 oz canned coconut milk
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cilantro, rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or naan, optional for serving
- Heat a cocotte or saucepan over medium temperature. Add oil and onion. Sauté until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, coriander, and cook for about 1 minute. Stir to combine.
- Add the sweet potato, curry paste, broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and allow mixture to gently simmer for about 10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are mostly tender. Add the chickpeas and coconut milk, turn the heat to medium-high and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until liquid volume has reduced as much as desired.
- Add the spinach and lime juice and stir to combine. Cook until spinach has wilted and is tender, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro (Optional) serve immediately over rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or naan. This meal freezes well.