Smoked Roasted Garlic Aioli
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of hickory wood chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Place garlic on a 4” (10cm) square of aluminium foil, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap to enclose garlic.
- Cook in oven for 25–30 minutes or until softened.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from each individual clove. Set aside.
- To make aioli, place egg yolks and mustard in the bowl of a small food processor and blend quickly to combine. With the machine on low, slowly pour in the oil in a thin steady stream until the mixture thickens. Add the garlic and lemon juice until just combined. Season.
- Put aioli into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Add hickory wood chips to the burn chamber of the Breville Smoking Gun. Place hose under plastic wrap with the opening sitting above the aioli. Seal the plastic wrap.
- Turn smoking gun on to HIGH SPEED and ignite wood chips. Switch to LOW SPEED and smoke for a few seconds until the container is filled with a dense smoke. Remove hose and reseal plastic wrap. Let infuse for 3 minutes. Repeat process one more time for a smokier flavor, stirring aioli between each session. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Serve with fries or ribs.