- 1 lb.sausage, smoked cut into rounds or chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1 onion, medium, sliced
- 4 carrots, large, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 white cabbage, small, core removed, cut into wedges
- 4 russet potatoes, large, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp.Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak both pieces of the clay baker in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Place carrots, cabbage, potatoes, garlic and onions in bottom of clay baker. Top with sausage.
- Mix mustard into chicken stock and stir to combine. Pour chicken stock over sausage and veggies and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Cover with lid and place in a cold oven. Set oven temperature to 375º F and bake 3 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
*More or less cooking time may be necessary depending on desired tenderness of vegetables.