Make a double batch to share or take as a hostess gift.
Once you’ve tried the recipe for these almonds, you will definitely want to pass the recipe on. Why not double the recipe, and have some of this savoury treat on hand to package up as a hostess gift, or a gift for teachers, friends, family …just about anybody.
To make the gift perfectly elegant, consider packaging in a nice canister or glass jar; just add ribbon (and print a copy of the recipe) and you’re all set! What could be easier (or more tasty)?
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) liquid honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3 cups whole almonds (do not remove skin, as you loose flavour)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Generously grease a large baking sheet with shallow sides.
- In a large bowl, stir honey with oil, sugar, cayenne pepper, paprika & salt; mix well.
- Add nuts to mixture. Using a wooden spoon, mix until evenly coated.
- Spread nuts in single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast uncovered in centre of 350F oven, stirring frequently, until nuts are toasted & glazed, for approximately 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven & let cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Place nuts in bowl and serve. Nuts will keep well in airtight container, in a cool place, for up to 4 days.
Make them your own – experiment with cinnamon, cumin, coconut and sesame seeds.