Clay Bakers avoid over-cooking, while eliminating the need for added fats. Using a pre-soaked clay pot, before placing in the oven, ensures the vessel creates and maintains moisture, allowing recipes to cook to perfection, while preventing nutrients from escaping. Voila! Healthy and delicious cooking to take you through the winter.
- Preheat oven to 350F. While oven is preheating, soak both lid and base of clay baker in water for 15 minutes.
- Cut tops of garlic, and peel off 2-3 layers of the outside papery skin.
- Drain clay baker and place garlic into baker.
- If desired, drizzle garlic with a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place lid on clay baker and roast for about 30-45 minutes.
- Garlic is done when you smell the delicious aromas and when the garlic has softened to a buttery consistency.
- Roasting garlic creates a rich, delicate flavour.
- Spread on its own or mix with a little butter or olive oil, as desired to spread on toast or bread.
- Also delicious in mashed potatoes, pasta, soups or any other recipe calling for garlic.