Pumpkin Harvest Cheesecake
- ¾ cup Chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup Ground pecans
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups Canned pumpkin
- 3 Eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon ½ tsp each Ground ginger & ground nutmeg
- 3 packages Cream cheese, softened (250 g / package)
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
Directions for the crust:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first three ingredients and press onto bottom of 9” springform pan.
- Bake 20 minutes
Directions for the filling:
- Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, and spices.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch.
- Blend in pumpkin mixture.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until centre is just set.
- Remove from oven and run knife around rim of pan.
- Cool thoroughly at room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
Try drizzling chocolate in random pattern over cheesecake, by melting 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate over hot water. Drizzle chocolate over top of cake in a random pattern. Sprinkle chopped pecans across top of cake for decoration.