This is a very moist cake and you’d never know it’s grain-free, dairy-free and sugar-free because it’s so yummy! Makes one 9-inch by 13-inch pan, one Bundt pan or 18 muffins.
- 3 large bananas, mashed (about 1 3/4 cup mashed)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy free
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease your baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas as smoothly as possible. Add in the nut butter, eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon and stir well, creating a runny cake-like batter. Fold in the dark chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish, using a spatula; spread it evenly across the bottom of the pan. Bake at 350F until the top is golden and the center is firm. Allow the cake to cool in the pan completely before cutting and serving.
Bake times for different pans:
Bundt pan 40 minutes
Rectangle pan 30 minutes
Muffins 15 minutes