Orange Pecan Coffee Cake (Grain free and dairy free)
Coffee cake is named for its crumble top and its enjoyment alongside coffee. Have your cake and eat it too!
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1/3 cup Orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- ½ cup Sugar of your choice
- 1 tsp.Vanilla
- 2 cups Almond flour
- ¼ cup Tapioca or arrowroot flour
- ¾ tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup Pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup Blanched almond flour
- 6 tbps. Coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup sugar of your choice
- ½ cup Pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cup Icing sugar
- 4 tsp. Orange Juice
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend using a pastry cutter or two knives until a crumbly consistency is achieved. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F. Prepare a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, zest, melted coconut oil, sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt, spices and pecans and stir into the wet mixture to form a batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the crumb topping all over the top, then bake 27-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out with crumbs only. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes before drizzling with icing.
- While the cake is baking: combine sugar and orange juice until smooth. Drizzle over the partially-cooled cake and allow it to continue to cool until icing hardens. Serve and enjoy!