Use this jam on waffles or pair with your favorite cheeses such as cheddar or brie.
- 1.5 pounds thick cut bacon, chopped
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 red onion, medium, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp.dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- To taste salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan cook the onions and shallots until translucent. Add the bacon and sauté to brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 1 hour on low heat until reduced and thickened.
- Using a blender, pulse the thickened sauce to make a spread.
Prep Time 1.5 hours
Makes 1.5 cups