Customers Ask: What do I need to consider when making coffee cocktails at home?
- A good cup of coffee is essential when making coffee cocktails
- Whole beans that are freshly roasted and ground make better coffee
- Using an espresso machine will do wonders for your cocktails
Coffee cocktails are flavorful, a pleasure to sip and easy to mix up. While it’s perfectly acceptable to make any of these coffee cocktails with the same method you use to brew in the morning, consider upgrading your coffee game to the next level for an exceptional base.
German Coffee with Rum (Pharisaeer)
- 2-4 ounces strong coffee
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 40 ml dark rum
- 2 tbsp whipped cream
- To your cup add the hot coffee, sugar and rum followed by the whip cream on top. Enjoy.
German Coffee with Brandy (Rüdesheimer)
- 3 tsp sugar
- 40 ml dry brandy
- 4 ounces strong coffee
- whipped cream and chocolate shavings for garnish
- Place the sugar cubes into the mug. Heat the brandy in the microwave for about 30 seconds then pour onto the sugar cubes. Carefully light the brandy in the mug using a match.
- While the flame is still on stir with the long spoon until the sugar has completely dissolved. Extinguish the flame after one minute using a plate.
- Pour the coffee into the cup with the sugar and brandy.
- Finally, top with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Did you know? January 25 is National Irish Coffee Day!
- Freshly ground coffee
- Sugar cubes
- Hot water
- 2 tbsp Irish whiskey
- 1 tbsp Irish cream liqueur
- Grind coffee
- Pull two shots of espresso.
- Add sugar to glass to taste. Pour shots into glass and stir.
- Dilute espresso with hot water to taste, leaving room for remaining ingredients.
- Pour in whiskey and liqueur. Stir.
- Top with fresh whipped cream.
- espresso beans
- 1 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- 1½ oz Kahlua
- 1½ oz vodka
- 1 cup ice
- 1 lemon
- Grind beans and pull a double shot of espresso. Pour espresso into martini shaker.
- Add Bailey’s, Kahlua, vodka, and ice. Cover and shake 10 times.
- Pour liquid into martini glass.
- Cut off lemon peel and place on edge of glass. Serve immediately.
Breville coffee by design brochure – this is a bit dated (from 2014) but full of coffee tips, latte art and coffee secrets.
Stop by 163 First Street Orangeville to see all our Breville coffee and espresso machines and a full assortment of coffee accessories to craft the perfect coffee cocktail. Cheers!