Clay Bakers avoid over-cooking, while eliminating the need for added fats. Using a pre-soaked clay pot, before placing in the oven, ensures the vessel creates and maintains moisture, allowing recipes to cook to perfection, while preventing nutrients from escaping. Voila! Healthy and delicious cooking to take you through the winter.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 6 tablespoons rum or cognac
- Mix all ingredients, except rum, in a bowl.
- Put into clay baker.
- Pour rum over mixture, cover and set into the middle of a cold oven.
- Heat oven to 375° and bake for 40-50 minutes.