Apple Walnut Holiday Stuffing
Better bread means better stuffing, use a variety of breads such as rye, pumpernickel, sourdough, and multi-grain varieties.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup butter
- 1cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup apple juice or apple cider
- 2 cups apple, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups whole wheat or other variety of bread, cubed
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. dried sage
- In a large skillet melt butter and cook celery and onion until tender, about 5 minutes
- Add chicken broth and apple juice/cider and heat through for approximately 2 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in bowl.
- Add celery/onion mixture to remaining ingredients & mix well.
- Loosely stuff turkey with stuffing and roast with turkey.
- Alternately, place stuffing in a greased baking dish and bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes or until heated through.