March 14th (3.14) is Pie day and Doughnuts are Pi (3.14)
Mathematics is a tool that we implement every day when we are working in the kitchen. We convert measurements, multiply recipe sizes, divide when cutting, add ingredients to create a measured amount and adjust cooking time and temperature when using a different size dish.
Celebrate the mathematical constant pi (the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159) by eating pie or foods that are circular in shape, like gluten-free doughnuts and angel food cake. How many round things can you find in this newsletter?
The Breville Sous Chef® 16 Peel & Dice
I love Breville products and this food processor is no exception. It is my personal Sous-Chef in the kitchen. Here are some of the reasons why I think this machine is so amazing.
- Work bowl size is 16 cups! Process bigger batches without emptying the bowl.
- Dicing disk makes dicing a cinch! Every cube is consistent and the process is much faster than a knife.
- Slicing disk Slice with 24 settings that let you choose the thickness of your slices from paper thin 0.3mm up to a thick and substantial 8 mm.
- Peeling disk peels up to 7 potatoes in 40 seconds!
- Feed chute options for small to large foods! Lay the zucchini in the feed chute for long slices.
- Storage caddy keeps all the tools organized! Each tool has a specific labeled slot so everything stays in place.
- Integrated timer counts up or down! Great for kneading bread or whipping meringues.
- Direct Drive 1200 W motor has a 25 year warranty!
Special $559.99 (Regular $699.99)
The Breville Smart Oven Air
The Smart Oven® Air with Element IQ® is for the cook who desires a countertop oven that can bake a cake on a whim, roast for large gatherings, air fry crispy French fries and also dehydrate a wide range of healthy foods. The super-convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30% with great crispness.
- The Smart Oven® Air’s 2-speed convection fan (regular & super) offers greater cooking control. Super convection provides a greater volume of air to ensure fast and even heat distribution, perfect for air frying, dehydrating and roasting.
- With Element IQ® – 6 Independent quartz heating elements move the power where it’s needed most, above and below the food.
- Dehydrate up to 4 trays of goodness at a time.
- The large, 1 cubic ft, interior makes room for toasting 9 slices of bread, roasting a 14 lb turkey, slow cook with a 5 qt Dutch oven and comfortably fit most 9 x13 inch pans and 12 cup muffin trays.
- 13 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Air fry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook and Dehydrate.
- The integrated oven light automatically turns on at the end of a cooking cycle or you can switch it on at the touch of a button.
Special $469.99 (Regular $599.99)
Cuisipro Mesh Strainers
Stainless steel mesh strainers are multi-useful kitchen gadgets. Use them for sifting, straining, dusting and skimming. These Cuisipro fine strainers are durable and well engineered with a loop handle that stays cool and a hook to hold over the bowl edge.
These are available in many diameters starting at 3 inches up to 9 inches.
$9.00 and up
CDN Thermometers and Timers
Essential for any baking, CDN oven thermometers accurately measure temperature from 100° to 750°F (50° to 300°C). Made of premium grade stainless steel, they feature durable glass lenses to withstand high heat.
$20.00 and up
Ricardo Doughnut Pan for Baking
Use this pan to make delicious round doughnuts that are baked – not fried. You’ll love the non-stick coating which allows the doughnuts to release easily from the pan.
Ricardo Angel Food Cake Pan
This Angel Food Cake pan has it all: a removable bottom for easy unmolding and cleaning, raised legs and is constructed with a light coloured metal for even baking.
Customers Ask: Why does an Angel food cake pan have legs at the top of the pan?
The legs around the rim of the cake pan are used when cooling the cake. Cool an angel cake or chiffon cake upside down to promote a fluffier texture and prevent a fallen cake.
What knife do you use to cut a sponge cake?
The best knife to cut a sponge cake with is actually a bread knife. Use a sawing motion and be sure to clean the blade in between slices with a warm cloth. This keeps the pieces fluffy and intact.
We Sharpen Knives!
A sharp knife can be the best tool in your kitchen. Drop your knives off to the store and we will have them ready for you within 48 hours*
6 inch knife and longer $10.00*
5 inch knife and less $5.00*
No serrated blades or scissors
*Some exceptions apply
Exotic Immersion Catalytic Lamps
Brand NEW from Maison Berger Paris are these exotic Immersion catalytic lamps. The rounded form is reminiscent of a delicate wave of a drop of water. Inspired by the tropical forests, you’ll find the glass to be thick and strong. Available in Grey, Green and Transparent glass.
Lychee Paradise Perfume 500ml
Here is a beautiful NEW green and exotic home scent by Maison Berger Paris. The green floral and fruity composition reveals the exotic nature of lychee, enhanced by the notes of green apple and coconut.
$24.90 500 ml bottle
Savory Apple Tart
No time to make pie? Make your home smell like apple pie! We have pumpkin delight too.
$24.90 500 ml bottle
Gluten-free Baked Doughnuts
Make delicious round doughnuts that are baked – not fried.
Lattice-Topped Sour Cherry Pie
Perfectly Crusty Pastry Every Time!
Emile Henry recommends baking your pastry at 250°F for 5 minutes before adding the filling — your pastry will end up nice and crusty, not soggy!