Serve in the Staub Pumpkin Cocottes. Made of cast iron for its natural heat retention and redistribution. The exterior is designed to prevent surface scratches. Ideal for slow cooking meals such as stews, roasts, soups, casseroles and other one-pot classic dishes.
- 1kg squash
- 2 red onions
- 100g walnuts
- 45-60ml walnut oil
- 15ml dried chilli flakes
- 30ml brown sugar
- Ground salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 75g feta cheese
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C/395°F.
- Thoroughly wash the pumpkin, cut in half, remove the seeds and cut into wedges or pieces.
- Peel the onions, cut in half and also cut into wedges.
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Mix the pumpkin, red onions, walnuts, walnut oil, chilli flakes and brown sugar into the pumpkin cocotte and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, clean the pepper, remove its seeds and cut into small cubes.
- Now cut the feta cheese into small cubes.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry and strip the leaves from the stems and chop finely.
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, sprinkle over the pepper-feta cheese mixture and serve.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes