The best comfort food! Lasagna commonly refers to a dish made with several layers of lasagne sheets alternated with sauces, vegetables, herbs and cheese.
Try this Emile Henry lasagna recipe in a rectangular roaster.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 cl (7 tsps) olive oil
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb) minced beef 1
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 15 cl (10 tblsp) chicken stock/broth
- 1 L (35 fl oz) bechamel sauce
- 200 g (7 o z) grated emmental cheese
- 1 packet prepared lasagna pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion, carrot and garlic using a food processor.
- Heat the olive oil in a stewpot and add the chopped vegetables. Cook for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the beef, mix everything thoroughly, and cook for another 10 minutes. Season well before adding the tomato paste to bind everything together. Pour in the warm chicken stock/broth.
- Assembling the lasagna: Grease the lasagna dish with a little olive oil and pour a little bechamel sauce into the bottom.
- Add a layer of pasta, then pour some of the beef on the top. Spread a little bechamel sauce over the meat, then continue the layers until you run out of ingredients.
- Finish off with some bechamel sauce and sprinkle the grated emmental over the surface.
- Cook for 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F).
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves 6 – 8