Here’s a recipe for Cranberry-Orange-Shiitake stuffing you may want to try at your next feast.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 cups chopped & de-stemmed shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots quartered
- 2 leaves of Sage
- 1 sm onion diced
- 5 cups cubed bread whole grain + white bread (helps to be a day or two old)
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ½ c walnuts
- 2 tbs Orange Zest
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8×12 casserole dish.
- Coat a large sautée pan with 2 tbs Olive Oil. Add the garlic and onions and let cook until they start to soften.
- Add the carrot and celery with sage and cook 10 minutes. Add mushrooms to mixture and cook until veggies and soft. Mushrooms will brown. Remove sage leaves.
- Transfer the ingredients from the pan into mixing bowl. Add bread and ¼ cup olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add 1 cup of veggie stock and stir.
- Transfer to a casserole dish. If the stuffing seems dry, add more veggie stock.
- Add a layer of the orange zest and dried cranberries atop the stuffing and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.