Let’s Celebrate – Father’s Day – Canada Day – Any Day!
We are always looking for new ways to enjoy food. The smoke-craze is upon us and we are stepping up to the plate with Breville’s Smoking Gun. It is time to get outside, cook and enjoy the weather. We all know that it doesn’t last long so plan a Father’s Day BBQ, Canada Day picnic or just a weeknight meal that gives you that summer feeling.
With Glowing Hearts
The Maple Leaf French Oven from Le Creuset
Just in time to celebrate! We are very proud to present a limited edition** Maple Leaf French Oven by Le Creuset, in celebration of Canada’s 150th Anniversary.
The 5.3 Litre Maple Leaf French Oven is made of cast iron with a white enamel interior and is hand-enameled, in Le Creuset’s iconic cherry red, on the exterior. The Maple Leaf mould was used to produce only 1,867 units in recognition of Canada’s year of Confederation. Each pot is individually numbered to preserve its distinctiveness and thus creating a true collector’s piece. **We have received a very limited quantity of these keepsakes. We recommend that you act quickly to avoid disappointment.
$425 ($500 Regular)
In This Issue:
Peameal bacon, otherwise known Canadian bacon, is a type of back bacon made from lean pork loin, trimmed fine, wet cured and rolled in cornmeal is said to originate in Toronto. Try it on the barbecue.
Sigrid and Staff
We’ve got The Smoking Gun™ from Breville!
By far one of the most intriguing gadgets to come into the Canadian kitchen wares market this year is Breville’s The Smoking Gun.
Where there’s smoke there’s flavour
This tool allows you to infuse a variety of foods and drinks with natural smoky flavours such as applewood and hickory within minutes. No heat required. You can use it before or after cooking for quick and easy results. Simply load the battery operated Smoking Gun with wood chips, light and blow smoke on to food through the hose into a covered container of any kind. Get ready to enjoy smokehouse flavours that make your taste buds salivate. Add smoky flavour to almost any food or drink you can think of!
What can you smoke?
The Smoking Gun allows you to add effortless smoke flavour enhancement to a wide variety of foods at home including:
- dips and sauces
- cocktails and more!
$109.99 ($129.99 regular)
See the Smoking Gun in Action
You don’t want to miss our Breville Small Appliance Demonstration. Saturday June 10, 11:00am-2:00pm. Sample something delicious made with the Smoking Gun and other Breville appliances.
Enter online now or stop by the store at 163 First Street Orangeville.
We’ll announce the winner Saturday June 17th and Father’s Day is on Sunday June 18th 2017. The Smoking Gun™ from Breville is to be picked up at Kitchen To The Table in Orangeville.
Staub Deep Braiser with Glass Lid
This 4 quart cast iron pot features a large 28 cm cooking surface and high sides perfect for sautéing, searing, frying as well as braising. The domed glass cover offers a view into what and how your dish is cooking without lifting the lid. The helper handles make moving this pot much easier from the stove/oven to the table.
Braisers are great for cooking so many dishes including curries, pilafs, scalloped potatoes, rice pudding, risotto, roasting vegetables, stir fry, eggs, Paella and even deep dish pizza.
$229.99 ($360 Regular)
Staub Cast Iron of France Promotionally priced until June 30
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Spring Gourmet Guide
This is your chance to purchase Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Staub, Ballarini and Miyabi at great sale prices for Father’s Day! Drop by 163 First Street, Orangeville and pick up something new and exciting for your kitchen. Have a browse through the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Spring Gourmet Guide.
Prodyne Drinkware and Accessories
Acrylic “glasses” are often a necessity such as when around the pool area or hot tub or dining alfresco. We carry an assortment of fine acrylic that you could pass off as glassware. All of our acrylics are BPA free and hand washing is always recommended to extend the life of your pieces.
Starting at $7.00
Wine ‘N Dine Party Plate
Wine and Dine plates make hosting a large event doable. Encourage mingling among your guests with these clear seashell shaped plates that hook easily onto your stemmed glass. These are great for indoor and outdoor parties.
Professional High Temperature Grill Glove
Let this item be your right hand during grilling season.
Actually, it fits your right or left hand, with silicone grip anti-slip protection on both sides.
The extra long cuff protects you up to the forearm, with a comfortable cotton interior.
Perfect for both grill and oven use up to 475°.
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Care Kit
Cast iron is a great material to cook with. It is all natural, it gets hot so the sear is good on meats and you can use it on any cooking surface including the barbeque. This kit includes all the essentials for using and caring for your seasoned cast iron cookware. Included are a silicone hot handle holder, scrub brush, pan scraper and seasoning spray.
Knife Skills: What is the difference between a boning and fillet knife?
A boning knife is used for removing bone from meat and poultry and is long and narrow. A fillet knife is ideal for fish because the flexibility and shape of the blade allows for better maneuverability for removing skin.
Smoked Pork Ribs with Coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (240ml) whiskey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
- Pinch of hickory wood chips
- 4.5lb (2kg) pork ribs
- ½ white cabbage (400g), trimmed and finely shredded
- ½ green apple (100g), cored and julienned
- 2 green onions, finely julienned
- ¼ cup (60g) smoked aioli (see “Smoked Roasted Garlic Aioli” recipe)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160°C.
- For the marinade, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add whiskey and bring to a boil. Add smoked paprika, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and diced tomatoes and continue to cook for 15–20 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Pulse in a blender until smooth.
- Place ribs on a baking tray, brush with half of the marinade, cover with foil and cook for 1 hour or until tender.
- Put remaining marinade into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Add hickory wood chips to the burn chamber of the Breville Smoking Gun. Place hose under the plastic wrap with the opening sitting above the marinade. Turn smoking gun on to HIGH SPEED and ignite wood chips. Switch to LOW SPEED and smoke for a few seconds until the bowl is filled with a dense smoke. Remove hose and reseal plastic wrap. Let infuse for 3 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Remove foil from ribs and brown ribs in the oven for a further 30 minutes, brushing regularly with marinade.
- For a smokier flavor, place ribs brushed with marinade in a baking tray and cover with foil and smoke again before serving.
- For the coleslaw, combine all ingredients except sesame seeds in a bowl and season. Garnish with black sesame seeds and serve with the ribs.
Prep Time – 30 minutes
Cooking Time – 90 minutes
Serves – 8
Lampe Berger New Fragrance ~ Aquatic Wood
New for 2017 is a marine-inspired summer fragrance, Aquatic Wood. This scent takes you to a place of moving water, driftwood and white sand. You will detect hints of citrus fruit, vetiver grass (a perennial grass with origins in South India) and musk.
Lampe Berger Loyalty Program
Did you hear the big news? We are now offering a loyalty program for your Lampe Berger purchases.
On your 6th purchase of our Home Fragrance 500 ml receive a FREE 1 bottle Home Fragrance 500 ml and 1 burner.